Nonna’s Piadina with
Nutella® Hazelnut Spread
• 3 cups plain flour
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 3 1⁄2 tbsp butter
• 1⁄4 cup milk/substitute
• 3⁄4 cup water
• 6 tbsp Nutella® Hazelnut Spread or make your own
• Sift flour, salt and baking powder onto a board or into a bowl. Rub in butter.
• Combine milk and water; warm gently. Add just enough milk and water mixture
to make a soft dough.
• Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth.
• Divide dough into 6, cover with a clean cloth. Roll each ball of dough into an 8” circle.
• Preheat a heavy-based frying pan or griddle over high heat.
• Cook piadina one at a time in dry pan until brown spots appear on each side.
Push down any bubbles which appear.
• Stack cooked piadina on a clean dry cloth as they are made.
• Serve warm, cut into wedges and spread with Nutella®.
• 1 cup low fat ricotta
• 1⁄2 cup reduced fat milk
• 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated or substitute
• 3⁄4 cup flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• Oil spray
TO MAKE THE PANCAKES:
• Put the ricotta, egg yolks and milk into a bowl and mix well. Sift in the flour, baking powder and
salt and combine until you have a smooth batter. Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and
beat until soft peaks form and then gently fold into the ricotta mixture.
• Spray a large non stick pan with oil and drop in 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
Cook for about one minute until golden and then flip over and cook for another minute.
Remove from pan and keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
• Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan and gently heat for 3-4 minutes until
syrupy. When ready to serve, spread 2 tsp of Nutella® onto each pancake and top with the
• 7 oz strawberries, hulled & thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 2 tsp Nutella® Hazelnut Spread