I guess to Jews in Europe, an attic wasn’t considered a big asset.
Yiddish for being fooled, conned, swindled, duped, never materialized, didn’t end up happening, a hoax
היה סתם מתיחה, תעלול, משהו שלא קרא בסוף, הוליך שולל
עס האָט זיך אויסגעלאָזט אַ בּוידעם
es hot zikh oysgelozt a boydem
it ended up being an attic
Trying New Foods:
1) If you can manage to break away from eating precessed and sugary foods, foods that you didn’t like will start to “grow” on you. I like to combine vegetables like butternut or acorn squash into a chocolate cake.
Taking the time to cook:
1) I like before preparing a dish to have all the peelings off and ready to go in the fridge.
2) A big saver of time is to cut wedges that will fit into your food processor.
3)I used my pressure cooker to prepare adzuki beans. First soaked the beans, then used the pressure cooker for about one hour and let the pressure drop before opening the lid.
The beans were not cooked enough after the hour. I replaced the pressure cooker cover with a regular cover and brought the contents back to a simmer and let that go for another hour. The result were perfect soft beans.
4) The bean cooking could have been broken down to two stages depending upon your schedule. At the same time I had my skillet going with a stir fry of carrots, onions, green squash, pumpkin, and yellow squash, all prepared with a thin slicer attachment on my food processor.
5) Veggies should be stored separately after cooking. They will last longer.