approximately 2 dozen crackers
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1 ‘/2 cups chopped red bell pepper or zucchini (or a mixture)
¼ cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 ¼ tsp sea salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
¼ cup minced fresh herbs (basil, parsley, dill, or oregano)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked
2 cups flax seeds, soaked 12 hours in 3 ‘/2 cups water (do not rinse or drain)
1. Place the red bell pepper, zucchini., onion, garlic, and sea salt in a blender or food processor.
2. Blend or process the vegetable mixture, adding additional water to thin if necessary. Blend until smooth. Add the fresh herbs and pulse to mix.
3. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the soaked flax seeds, and stir well to combine.
4. Spread 2 1/2 cups of batter on a dehydrator sheet lined with Teflex. Score the crackers into squares.
5. Dehydrate the crackers at 105 degrees for 12 hours.
6. Flip the crackers onto mesh sheets and continue to dehydrate for another 12-24 hours, or until completely dry.
7. Allow the crackers to cool completely, then store in glass jars. Crackers will keep up to 3 months at room temperature, longer if refrigerated or frozen.