The Embassy of the United States of America and Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael-Jewish National Fund have invited Nefesh B’Nefesh Olim to the official 9/11 Memorial Ceremony on Thursday, September 10, 2015 from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. because 9/11 is Erev Shabat.
Transportation will be provided from HaKeren HaKayemet Le-Israel Street, St. 1 in Rechavia in Jerusalem at 9:50 AM to the official 9/11 memorial site just outside Jerusalem. You must take the transportation in order to attend.
This event is free but registration is required. Space is limited!
Please dress in business attire.
Post 11 Focus on a nutrient in Pomegranite.
You can still find join ESRA’s Hol Hamo’ed Hike to Tel Afek
ESRA Hike in Hol Hamo’ed Succot
The hike will start at Mazor, at a 3rd century mausoleum from Roman times – the only Roman building in Israel still standing from its foundation to its roof. We then cross Highway 6 walking north to the fields of Kfar Sirkin and Givat Hashlosha towards the Afek National Park (Antipatris). Tel Afek was built by Herod the Great, between Caesarea and Lydda on the great Roman Road that went from Caesarea to Jerusalem. Currently the site of Antipatris is in the Yarkon-Tel Afek National Park. After crossing Highway 5, we pass the Hanofrim Pool. We will end the hike near Hod Hasharon.
A beautiful hike and hidden gem in the centre of the country.
Easy 12 km
For more information contact Lawrence 054-773 4394.
ESRA hikes are suitable for people in good health, who can hike on rough paths, sometimes scrambling over rocks and boulders. We reserve the right to refuse participation on the hike to any person who does not come properly equipped or is not physically capable of making the distance.
Hikers should come properly prepared for each hike: plenty of water (2 litres per person in normal weather, at least 3 litres per person if it’s hot), good walking boots or shoes, change of clothes/towel if swimming, hat, sunscreen and food for breakfast & lunch in a backpack. Walking poles optional, but useful.
07:15 Beit Yehoshua, train station
07:30 Ra’anana, Mercaz Klitah, Hasharon St.
Nutritional Benefits of Pomegranate: Some just picked from a tree on my street. The light ones are just as good as the darker variety:
#1: It reduces chances of cancer
- The free radicals inside the body occupy the electrons from body for which cells become unstable. For this cell damage occurs and healthy becomes dead. The antioxidants present in pomegranate helps in the combination process of free radicals inside body. So it gives protection against breast cancer and protest cancer, the nutritional benefits of pomegranate works by preventing the body from cancer disease.
#2: It boosts immunity inside body
- It contains vitamin C and dietary fiber. Vitamin C improves resistance for outer infections caused by the viruses.
- It strengthens immune system in the body and protects you from harmful diseases.
#3: It repairs digestive system
- Pomegranate is a rich source of soluble and insoluble fiber. So these contents help your digestive system becoming smooth and controls bowel movements.
- It also helps in improving blood circulation in the body.
#4: It is used for weight loss treatment
- It contains very low amount of natural fat with zero percent of cholesterol which keeps you slim. The soluble and insoluble dietary fiber content reduces extra fat deposits all around the body. So nutritionists suggest you to take pomegranate along with you food for losing weight.
#5: It protects heart
- Pomegranate reduces the unnecessary blood clotting properties of blood in the body. For which blood flows to heart in a moderate way thus reducing the heart attack chances. The nutritional benefits of pomegranate are good for heart patients, you can take pomegranate juice on daily basis to improve heart functioning.
#6: It has anti-inflammatory properties
- Pomegranate shows anti-inflammatory properties in several parts of body. For this reason there are so many health benefits of pomegranate, it yields a protection status against asthma, piles, diarrhea and other diseases.
#7: Pomegranates are full of vitamins and minerals
- The nutrition facts of pomegranate are very vast. It contains lots of vitamin contents such as Vitamin A, C, K, and B5. Other vitamin B complex compounds are also present in this fruit which include pantothenic acid, folates, pyridoxine which have lots of health benefits.
- Pomegranate is also full of minerals including calcium, potassium, copper and manganese that give a proper balanced nutrition for good health.
#8: It is used in various cosmetic products
- It has been used in various cosmetic products such as moisturizers, body lotion, hair products and various other beauty care products.
#9: It can cure cardiovascular diseases
- Daily intake of pomegranate juice reduces the thickness of fat accumulation in arteries. So it helps fighting and curing cardiovascular diseases.
#10: It is also included in super fruit category
- Presence of the essential vitamin, minerals, natural enzymes, flavonoids and other contents keeps you healthy. For this reason it is often included in super fruit category.