Kids Climbing the Walls; Suggest a rope course!
Ropes Course take place in Ammunition Hill or can be set up privately in Park Gilo or San Simon. If you are only a few people contact Yaakov the Ropes Course guide to see if he can add you to one of his existing groups. The owners recommend reserving your own private group for a truly memorable experience (minimum 900 NIS for 1 hour and 1200 NIS for 2 hours).
Activities can be done by young kids, teens and adults.
Email email@example.com or call 052-893-8921
Spicy faux (kosher ) Shrimp and Quinoa Salasa
1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
10 teaspoon olive oil, divided
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/8 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
4 garlic cloves, chopped and divided
24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon honey
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup canned organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled or imitation soy based cheese.
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, black pepper, hot sauce, paprika, and 2 garlic cloves in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss well. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
3. Rinse and drain quinoa. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add remaining 2 garlic cloves and quinoa; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and honey in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add quinoa mixture, tomatoes, chickpeas, avocado, and cheese; toss gently.
4. Remove shrimp from bowl; discard marinade. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Thread 3 shrimp onto each of 8 (6-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Divide quinoa mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 skewers. Garnish with cilantro.
Shoshanh Shinar’s 9 day veggie burger ( to be eaten during the 9 days)
2 hard boiled eggs mashed fine
½ cup fine chop ( I use dehydrated minced onion)
½ tsp garlic powder
½ cup wheat germ
½ cup ground walnuts
1/3 bread crumbs
2 raw eggs
1 tsp salt
I make three times of the recipe and it fits into my food processor. They freeze well.
Climbing the Walls at Ammunition Hill, non meat burger recipes for the nine days