SPECIAL OFFER TO OLIM FROM THE HEBRON FUND
Connect to your roots just in time for Yom Kippur!!! You are invited to a special Olim tour (sponsored by the Hebron Fund) of Hebron and a visit to the Machpela Tomb of the Jewish People’s founding fathers and mothers.
When: Monday 10th of October – Meet 9:45AM at in front of Binyanei HaUmah in Jerusalem opposite Central Bus Station
Return: Back in Jerusalem by 5PM
What’s included: We will tour Hebron’s sites, the Machpela, Beit Hadassa, and Admot Yishai (including the Tomb of Ruth and Yishai) and we will have time to pray, meditate and learn. We will visit the Hebron Museum, see the new 4D film, and have dairy brunch.
Cost: 50 NIS per person
Security: Bullet proof bus and security guard
Spaces are limited to one bus (50 seats) – so register quick!!
[http://signature.nbn.org.il/fb18px.jpg]<https://www.facebook.com/nefeshbnefesh> [http://signature.nbn.org.il/twitter18px.jpg] <https://twitter.com/nefeshbnefesh> [http://signature.nbn.org.il/youtube18px.jpg] <https://www.youtube.com/user/nbnutube>
- 1 cup (240 ml) soy milk
- 1 pound (454 g) frozen unsweetened peach or other fruit slices*
- leave the fruit on the counter 35 minutes before preparation
- 1/4 cup (75 g) honey or other sweetener, to taste, or omit
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon agar, agar
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix or your food processor container in the order listed and secure lid. Or if you have a food processor, leave ice on counter for 10 minutes and crush in food processor.
Select Variable 1.-make adjustment with your food processor
Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
In about 30-60 seconds, Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
If mixture has consistency of a milkshake, firm it up by slowly adding another cup of frozen ice cubes. Process until smooth. Or alternatively freeze mixture for a few hours and mix by hand.
Cheesecake from White Cheese:
Ingredients:\~375 grams small petit beurre biscuits
milk to moisten biscuits (it’s a good idea not to do more than smear a tiny bit of milk to keep the biscuits from getting mushy)
500 grams 9% white cheese (I used 5% with perfect results – it was on sale :-
2 containers sour cream (about 2 cups)
500 ml whipping cream (about 2 cups)
250 grams sugar (about a cup)
2 heaping tablespoons of vanilla instant pudding
grated lemon peel, optional
Place a layer of biscuits lightly moistened with milk at the bottom of a 9×13 pyrex pan.
Mix cheese+sour cream+sugar+instant pudding+optional lemon peel.
Whip whipping cream and fold into cheese mixture.
Spread half of above onto layer of biscuits, add another layer of biscuits moistened with milk, spread with remaining cheese mixture and cover with a layer of biscuits.
Tightly cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld.
Delicious! http://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=214978 This one, I am told is a very rich cake, also the recipe is for pudding or mousse. The next one seems unnecessarily rich–one for Shavuos and it’s good, but very sweet.
or from : Ossem: on the box pudding, similar to a mousse:
2 sweet cream box 34%
1 Pudding Mix
1 cup milk
Just mix and chill
Very simple cheese cake, not too sweet just right; compliments of Yehudis Golshevsky.
1.Run cookies in the food processor, chocolate or vanilla to a stiff texture work best. or you buy the pre-ground crumbs like one bag of “Man” whole wheat cookies, crumbed
2.1 double or single size butter combined together by hand or in the processor until it’s clumpy and all the butter is distributed evenly.
3. Press into a deep 9 x 12 baking tin or dish. (you will need the height)
4. Mix up 1.5 liter of 5% white cheese with 3 packets of pudding mix. If you use vanilla, it’s nice to add some lemon rind, which makes a good combination with blueberry topping.
5. If you use chocolate, the cherry topping, and chocolate crumbs underneath are recommended.You can buy ready-made pie filling or make your own, and if you want to reduce sugar you can use less of the ready-made and add frozen cherries or blueberries that are fully defrosted, or the jarred sour cherries, well drained.
6. Lay in the cheese, then carefully spoon over the topping so it doesn’t smear through the cheese. The best way is to dollop it in five or six sections over the area of the whole pan, and the gently spread it around. Refrigerate. That’s it.
Sweet Potato Noodles with creamy poblano sauce
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized.
1 can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
1 medium poblano pepper
1 t garlic, minced
1 handful of cilantro, divided
1 small jalapeño pepper, stem removed
1 T lime juice
1.5 t sea salt
2 T tapioca starch
2 T olive oil
How to Make It
1. Turn oven to broil at 550°F. Place poblano pepper in oven on baking sheet. Broil until skin bubbles and is charred, about 15 minutes.
2.Combine poblano, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice and half of cilantro in a food processor. Blend until just combined.
4. Add coconut milk and blend until smooth.